July 14, 2008

Un-Macarons for Bastille Day

Yuzu is Listening To
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Harry Gregson-Williams

In celebration of France's national holiday, I brought some wannabe French treats to work today. Almost everyone knows of France's famous little sweet, the macaron. Inspired by My Paper Crane's wannabe macarons, I baked my own version of the treat.


©2008 Yuzu Eats

They're sugar cookies sandwiched together with frosting. The brown ones are chocolate, the pink are raspberry, the green are pandan, the yellow are yuzu, and the violet and teal ones are almond-flavored (I ran out of other flavorings, although ube would've been cool for violet). With the exception of the chocolate "macarons", I used bottles of pure extracts to flavor the cookies and frosting. I cheated on the frosting and used the store-bought kind, but I changed the flavor up a bit to match the cookies I paired them with. The longest step in the process was mixing the food coloring to get each section of cookie dough (and frosting) the right color, but I'm really happy with how colorful and flavorful these turned out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7/24/2008 11:15 AM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

yum yum...it's like eating rainbows!

 
At 7/24/2008 11:19 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Haha, pretty much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home