December 18, 2007

Caprese Tartlets

Yuzu is Watching
December Boys
Daniel Radcliffe, Lee Cormie, Christian Byers, James Fraser

My department had a holiday pot luck today at work. If I ever bring food to share with coworkers, it's almost always something sweet. But I opted for the savory this time because I figured there'd be a lot of sweets already. We've been receiving baskets of muffins, cookies, chocolate and fruit from various vendors. I'm kind'a sugar'd out...and it's not even Christmas yet!

I woke up early this morning to bake something I came up with while I was grocery shopping over the weekend. I knew I wanted to make something very simple with very few ingredients. And, well, here's my contribution to the department pot luck.


©2007 Yuzu Eats

I used crescent-roll dough to create little shells and filled them with shredded mozzarella, diced tomatoes, fresh basil and freshly ground pepper. I baked them in a mini-muffin pan for eight minutes in a 375ºF oven, and the result was four dozen little caprese-style tartlets.* Kind of a nice festive snack for the holidays!

*Or you can call them what they look like — mini pizzas.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12/18/2007 10:13 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

I bet they were all gone by the end of the day because I know exactly what you mean about being sugared out! :) Very cute. :)

 
At 12/18/2007 10:36 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Yes, they were all gone. I still had a fair share of sugar at the office, but I'm glad I brought in something savory to break the monotony of sugar. ;)

 
At 12/19/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

That looks delicious.

 
At 12/19/2007 9:17 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thank you, Natalie. ^__^

 
At 12/20/2007 1:26 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Those look absolutely to die for!

 
At 12/20/2007 9:59 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Well, thanks very much! I love that these were so easy to make, but they look like I slaved in the kitchen over 'em. Heh.

 
At 12/23/2007 11:56 PM, Blogger tigerfish said...

They do look like mini pizzas or mini pizza pies! I know you won't have leftovers for me coz these will be such a killet in the pot luck. If I were there, I'll be one of the firsts to snatch them :P

 
At 12/24/2007 12:01 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Hehe. Thanks, Tigerfish. :) It's a good thing I made a lot of them!

 
At 12/30/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

yummy yum. i'm sure i could eat a lot of those. i prefer savory over sweet. :D

 
At 12/30/2007 5:43 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thank you, Budding Cook. :D I can't decide which I prefer...savory or sweet. I guess I can't live without either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home