March 20, 2008

Spaghetti is Yummy

Yuzu is Watching
Becoming Jane
Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy, Julie Walters, James Cromwell, Maggie Smith

After church on Sunday, I swung by the grocery store to pick up some ground beef, onions, grape tomatoes and basil (the only ingredients I was lacking at home) to cook spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I've only made homemade tomato sauce a few times, and I find that using a good jarred sauce saves so much time and tastes just as good. I didn't even use a recipe for the meatballs — I just eyeballed all the ingredients as I tossed them into the large bowl to mush the meat with my hands. The eyeballing worked well, because the meatballs were juicy and delicious!


©2008 Yuzu Eats

I bought a large container of fresh basil leaves and totally went crazy with it when I fixed my bowl. I took a few leaves and tore them over my warm pasta. I know basil has quite a strong, peppery flavor and is probably best used moderately. But I always put a lot of freshly ground pepper on everything I eat anyway, so what harm is there in adding even more peppery goodness?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 4/02/2008 8:08 AM, Blogger bunbun said...

Konnichiwa Yuzu!

I love your blog!!!!! it is amazing!

 
At 4/02/2008 3:10 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks very much! I'm happy you like it.

 
At 4/02/2008 7:42 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Looks soooooooooo good!!! The older I've gotten, the more in love with basil I have become! :D

 
At 4/02/2008 9:39 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Me too, Mushroom. I never really liked basil as a kid, but I ♥ it now!

 
At 4/07/2008 1:12 AM, Blogger tigerfish said...

Eyeballing is one of the best ways to cook. I cook like this too! Wooo....and I always love spaghetti with tomato-based sauce + meatballs!

 
At 4/07/2008 10:07 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

I'm glad you come from the "School of Eyeballing When Cooking" too, Tigerfish. ;)

 
At 7/21/2008 10:09 AM, Blogger Yuu and Shii said...

Yuzu~ your spaghetti looks very very good~
And by the way, I love a lot of pepper, which I get from my best friend, Shii~
<333 This is Yuu, by the way. Heheh.
But anyways~ I really do like you blog a lot!

 
At 7/21/2008 10:22 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Yes, pepper is so great on pasta dishes...or practically any dish! I put it on almost every savory food I eat.

Thanks for stopping by, Yuu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home