April 3, 2008

Cupcakes for My Sister

Yuzu is Reading
Without You: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and the Musical Rent
Anthony Rapp

My sister's birthday was last week. She'd just given birth to her second daughter the day before. As we awaited their return home from the hospital, I baked cupcakes to celebrate both birthdays. I was babysitting my two-year-old niece at the time, so I didn't want to fuss with a bunch of ingredients. Thank goodness for boxed cake mixes. Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting...mmm!


©2008 Yuzu Eats

My sister likes her cupcakes simple. So I didn't pipe the frosting or cover the tops with sprinkles. Instead, I used an offset spatula to spread the frosting, and I topped the cakes with sliced strawberries. They came out quite tasty, and my sister liked them a lot. Mission completion!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4/05/2008 5:04 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

I love your cupcakes. They're always so adorable.

 
At 4/05/2008 6:40 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, CP. ^__^

 
At 4/07/2008 1:14 AM, Blogger tigerfish said...

Congrats to your sis and to you too for turning aunt again :P

Nice cupcakes. I can only see them from afar...

 
At 4/07/2008 10:08 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks! The little baby is so sweet. ♥ I could stare at her all day long.

Sometimes looking at cupcakes from afar is better (and healthier!) than being up close. ;)

 
At 4/13/2008 10:38 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

They look really tasty! Congratulations to your sister & family...and a happy late birthday to both of them. :)

 
At 4/13/2008 11:12 PM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

yummy. those look good. congrats to you and your sister on the new addition. :D

 
At 4/14/2008 10:50 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thank you for the happy wishes, Mushroom and Budding Cook. ♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home