July 21, 2008

Crocheted Cupcakes

Yuzu Just Finished Reading
The Mystery of the Third Lucretia
Susan Runholt

I crocheted a couple of cupcakes last week using this pattern. They're chocolate-strawberry and red velvet, and they're just slightly smaller than real-life cupcakes. The first cupcake has a vanilla flower on top, and the other has a chocolate flower. I used worsted-weight, 100% wool yarn and Swarovski crystals. They turned out kind'a cute, and I'll probably end up making more. They're really quick to make (save for the sewing parts).


©2008 Yuzu Eats

I just finished reading a young-adult mystery novel called The Mystery of the Third Lucretia, which I really enjoyed. It takes you through the streets of London, Paris and Amsterdam along with two teenage girls who uncover, well, a mystery. ;P If you like Dutch art, European travel, or books about friendship and mother/daughter relationships, this is a good read. I also liked reading about the food the girls eat while dining out in Europe.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7/21/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Adorable cupcakes!!! :)

I still haven't had time to read Pride and Prejudice. :(

 
At 7/21/2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

I'm glad you like them, Mushroom. :D

Aww, no P&P yet? That's okay. You have school stuff to focus on. Jane Austen's work will be waiting for you whenever you have a chance to read it. It's worth the wait. ;)

 
At 7/22/2008 1:48 PM, Blogger Karin said...

those cupcakes are sooo cute! wish i could crochet... :/

 
At 7/24/2008 12:44 AM, Blogger tigerfish said...

It's hard to choose which one I like cos' both has chocolate! :O

 
At 7/24/2008 8:09 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, Karin. :) It's easy to teach yourself to crochet, because that's what I did. I just looked at pictures in books and watched videos online.

Hehe, that's a good point, Tigerfish! Choosing between two chocolate things is always difficult.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home