July 6, 2007

Putting a Birthday Gift to Good Use

Yuzu is Listening To
Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus
Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus
see related

Okay, so I've been lazy with updating my food blog. I really don't want to be on the Internet that much because I'm being very careful not to accidentally read Harry Potter spoilers (past experience has taught me that these spoilers can show up anywhere, even non-HP sites). *nerd alert* With the book release only two weeks away (whoa!), there are bound to be some dumbasses who feel like spoiling the fun for us fans. So my visits to the Internets will probably be sparse very soon.

Anyway...it was my birthday last week, and I have been pretty much eating a lot of sweets — specifically cupcakes (although I've had some slices of cheesecake and mochi ice cream here and there). Independence day was two days ago, and I'd originally planned on baking some patriotic cupcakes with red, white and blue stars and sprinkles — but I didn't have any of those things in my pantry. ;P I ended up baking these instead.

Chocolate cupcakes with pink strawberry frosting and chocolate jimmies


I transported them in one of my new cupcake carriers from Crate & Barrel

©2007 Yuzu Eats

The cupcake carriers were a gift from my parents and my sister, who demanded, "Now bake some cupcakes!" It didn't take me long before I put one of the carriers to use. Each one holds 2 dozen cupcakes. The second carrier will come in handy for those rare occasions when I'll bake some cupcakes to bring to the office.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 2:54 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Well, happy birthday! :) Hope you had the yuzu-est birthday ever.

I LOVE the cupcake carrier; what a wonderful idea. oh oh actually, I saw an individual cupcake holder at crate&barrel, but at the time I was trying to be frugal, so I ended up resisted the temptation to buy it. :( Maybe one day.

 
At 7/06/2007 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! It's easy to get you to bake...I can just get you a cupcake carrier! :p

 
At 7/09/2007 11:29 AM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

happy belated! cute cupcakes. :D

 
At 7/16/2007 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... sorry, I dint really read your blog, i just looked at the pictures. heheh....

actually, I'm a student in professional baking and i really do like & enjoy baking, eating, cooking(i cant do this that well). etc.
oh and i LOVE food!

browsing away and just surfing, I've seen quite a few food blogs and not one quite like yours, so here's my comment.. feel free to email me at king_of_panda(at)hotmail.com

great blog and food ideas.. oh btw, i live in Malaysia... so i can't really find most of those special ingredients here like kosher salt etc.. cheers to baking!

 
At 7/19/2007 8:05 AM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

They weren't even subtle about it. Too funny.

Book launch in two days!

 
At 7/19/2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Hey everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I don't know what's up with the comment e-mails, but I've only gotten a couple. So if it seems like I ignored comments left a while back, do not blame me — blame e-mail. ;P

Mushroom Meadows, I have individual cupcake holders that I ordered from Cup-A-Cake. They work really well for when I want to bring a cupcake to work to snack on later.

Yes, book launch is less than two days away, CP! I will be at the bookstore at midnight, gettin' mah copy with all the kiddies. ;P

 
At 8/15/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger gilda said...

happy belated birthday!! those cupcakes look fabulous and i wouldn't mind one myself ;) i'd never even heard of cupcake holders! WOW!! they look so cute in there!

 
At 8/21/2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, Gilda. :) Cupcake carriers like that have been around for a few years now, but sometimes they're hard to find.

 
At 9/02/2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Test said...

looks delicious! can i have the recipe? :D ariel_gal@hotmail.com

 
At 9/20/2007 10:49 AM, Blogger Mer said...

The cupcakes look great!

Technical question: How can I stamp my blog name on my photos like you have? I think it makes them look really professional. And then they can't get swiped! :)

 
At 9/20/2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

The sad thing about the Internet is that photos can always get swiped, no matter what precautions you might take, Mer. :( But you can make it more difficult for thieves by using watermarks!

I use Adobe Photoshop to add text to each photo and then mute the opacity a bit so the photo still shows through the text.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home