April 13, 2007

Lunch with the Sugarbunnies

I don't normally eat sandwiches for lunch. I usually like some kind of rice or pasta dish. But I just bought a loaf of whole-grain wheat bread last night and felt like eating some little sammiches for lunch this afternoon. I used a biscuit cutter to cut the sandwiches into those little circles. The cutter has scalloped edges, but it's hard to see that on the sandwich because of the bread's texture.

Little ham & cheese whole-wheat sammies with carrot and celery sticks

©2007 Yuzu Eats


The Sugarbunnies strike a pose with their bento box

I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on your blogs lately. I'll get back to it, I promise! Thanks for reading. :)

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 4/14/2007 10:43 AM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Yummy. It looks sooooooooo much better than anything you could buy for lunch! How long does it take you to prepare your lunches?

Oh thanks for the super comment; you made my day a little brighter! :)

 
At 4/15/2007 1:18 PM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

yummy! i usually eat sandwiches for lunch. i bought some scalloped cookie cutters but haven't used it much in everday use. your sandwiches look good and your lunch looks healthy/

 
At 4/15/2007 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the scalloped edges :D ...I would choose to have lunch with those sugarbunnies too.

 
At 4/16/2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Shilpa said...

this is pure evil!! :) such cuteness is lethal, with those bunny heads bigger than their bodies!! how do they keep their balance?!?! :)

 
At 4/16/2007 10:38 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Mushroom Meadows, it took me about 15 minutes to make this bento. But that's because I just had to chop vegetables and cut out sandwiches. But other, more elaborate, bentos would take me a bit longer.

Budding Cook, maybe you can put your cookie cutters to good use and make cute sandwiches. Definitely makes lunch time more enoyable!

Tigerfish, I think it'd be hard to turn down lunch with such cute animals. ;)

Shilpa, I think Japanese characters like the Sugarbunnies have long been experts at balancing giant heads on their tiny bodies. Just look at Hello Kitty — what a pro!

 
At 4/21/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

The white Sugarbunny looks happy with her carrots. The brown Sugarbunny looks dubious.

 
At 4/23/2007 11:27 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Haha! That's a good observation, CP. It's probably a good assessment of their true feelings about vegetables. ;D

 
At 4/29/2007 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh that's cue ^_^

 
At 5/03/2007 4:11 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home