March 8, 2007

Twisty Bread

Yuzu is Watching
Little Miss Sunshine
see related

I apologize for neglecting this blog in the past several weeks. I caught a cold bug a couple weeks ago that left me at home for a whole week, unable to go to work or do anything really productive. If you've stayed at home for days, you know how boring it can get. Since I was not feeling up to sitting in front of the computer reading blogs or posting on blogs, I used whatever time I wasn't sleeping or watching TV to cook & bake! I made muffins, a couple of pizzas and these garlic twisty breadsticks.




I've found that making bread is very therapeutic. There are few things that can bring me the joy that beating a ball of dough with my fist can bring. And when the dough doubles in size while resting — ooh, that's so exciting! Using a rolling pin is pretty fun too.



©2007 Yuzu Eats

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 3/09/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

I've also been away! :( Anyway, breadsticks are always comforting.

 
At 3/11/2007 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are good and well now. Oh, what can I say, looking at your breads IS therapeutic. So good for me since I don't have to make it to feel therapeutic. :D

 
At 3/12/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger tigerfish said...

Did you enjoy Little Miss Sunshine ?

 
At 3/12/2007 4:56 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Bread really does hit the spot, doesn't it, mushroommeadows?

Thanks, tigerfish. ^__^ And, yes, I thoroughly enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine. I watched it three times last week.

 
At 3/12/2007 10:37 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Yuzu, is the the office puff site yours? It's soooo amazing!!!

 
At 3/13/2007 10:27 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Tee hee — yes, it's mine. I draw a lot when I'm bored. ;D I'm glad you like it!

 
At 3/13/2007 12:39 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

Awww... Poor Yuzu! Sounds like you had what I have. I hope you're feeling a bit better now.

I cook when I'm feeling bad too. You're right. It's very therapeutic.

 
At 3/13/2007 10:34 PM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

i <3 breadsticks! hope you feel better. :D

 
At 3/19/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, chubbypanda. :) I guess lots of folks have been getting sick lately, especially in the last days of winter.

Breadsticks are a yummy snack, buddingcook. I could eat bread ALL the time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home