June 13, 2007

Back From Hiatus...and With Lots of Bento!

Yuzu is Listening To
Call Me Irresponsible
Michael Bublé
see related

First off, allow me to apologize for not commenting on your blogs in the past month or two. I didn't expect to be away from food blogging for so long — sorry about that! I kind'a took a little break there for a while. Went on vacation to a couple of Hawaiian islands last month and ate Japanese food almost every day (and loved it!). Work has gotten so busy, leaving me too tired when I get home to cook or take worthwhile pictures of food. But I wanted to check in with you guys real quick and post some of my recent boxed lunches from the past week.

Shrimp fried in butter, garlic & pepper fried rice, seasoned mixed veggies


Chicken cutlet with tonkatsu sauce, edamame,
steamed mixed veggies & extra sauce (in the little tomato)


Pizza, seasoned mixed veggies, edamame
(pretty much a combo of the two previous bento, but with pizza!)


Panko-breaded shrimp, scrambled eggs, sweet cherry tomatoes,
flower-shaped Portuguese sausage patties, SPAM musubi and
(hiding behind the musubi) a carrot bottle w/soy sauce

©2007 Yuzu Eats

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6/18/2007 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the bento. They are so pretty and temptingly delicious. I salute you for having the patience to make them :D

 
At 6/18/2007 6:29 PM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Great food presentation!!! :) So, so, so cute.

 
At 6/18/2007 11:22 PM, Blogger BuddingCook said...

i wish i could make such cute lunches. :D they look delicious. i too just went to the aloha state. well a couple of weeks ago.

 
At 6/19/2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks, Tigerfish. They were pretty delicious. :D I don't take the time to make presentable lunches every day (usually I just throw leftovers into a bento box and take it with me to work), but last week I was feeling inspired to make some pretty meals.

I'm glad you like the presentation, Mushroom Meadows. I know how much you like cute stuff. ^__^

You were in Hawaii too, Budding Cook? That's great! I want to go back already.

 
At 6/22/2007 12:26 AM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

Man, looking at your food right now makes me hungry! Anyway, yeah, I was experimenting with towels. Very, very, very messy. I used up my entire lint roller, well, what was left of it. :)

 
At 7/19/2007 8:04 AM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

Believe you me, I know what a crimp work can put on the ol' blog posting schedule. Stupid real life... =b

Your bentos are adorable, as always.

 
At 7/19/2007 2:42 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Work shmerk. Uhh...that doesn't make sense at all, but you get the gist. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home