February 12, 2007

Cupcake & Tea for Dessert

Yuzu is Reading
Utterly Me, Clarice Bean
Lauren Child
see related

For someone who doesn't drink coffee, I sure make a lot of trips to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I like it so much better than Starbucks. I'm more of a tea drinker, so I guess that explains my preference for Coffee Bean. I had dinner with my parents this past weekend, and afterward we went to Coffee Bean for dessert.



©2007 Yuzu Eats

I tried one of their cupcakes for the first time. It was chocolate with cream cheese frosting. The cake part of it was actually moist. I was expecting it to be dry like the cupcakes at Starbucks. I was pleasantly surprised! The only thing I didn't like about the cake was that there were about 5 chocolate chips in there. But I picked them out as I ate the cupcake. I don't like chocolate chips in chocolate cake. Just like I don't like chocolate cookies with chocolate chips. Chocolate overkill. Okay, now the frosting...the frosting was like eating a cheesecake. You know how most cream cheese frostings taste? This was a bit sweeter, because it tasted like cheesecake. Not that it's a bad thing. But this cupcake was definitely a decadent little treat. I'll probably be eating more of these in the near future...
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
1080 E. Imperial Hwy, #E2
Brea CA, 92821

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 2/13/2007 1:07 AM, Blogger Shilpa said...

Hi Yuzu, would you still pick out the chocolate chips if the cupcake has been heated and the chips melt? :) I hate solid chocolate chips myself, but I seldom eat my cupcakes cold.

 
At 2/13/2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Hmm...that's a good question, Shilpa. I suppose, if they'd melted, I'd have no choice but to eat them. Can't really pick out melted chocolate!

I usually eat cupcakes at room temperature, sometimes even straight from the refrigerator (if they're fruity cupcakes).

 
At 2/14/2007 12:12 AM, Blogger mushroommeadows said...

I normally don't like the pastries at coffee shops, but I was surprised by starbuck's donut with chocolate frosting. :) So good. Between Coffee Bean and Starbucks, Coffee Bean has much better tea. I like their English Breakfast.

 
At 2/15/2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

I didn't know Starbucks has donuts. My eyes are always looking for cupcakes, that's probably why. Haha!

 
At 2/15/2007 2:19 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

Sold! I'll drop by my local Coffee Bean on my way home from work.

 
At 2/15/2007 2:32 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Yay! I hope they'll have some available when you go there, Panda.

 
At 2/17/2007 11:19 PM, Blogger tigerfish said...

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is my fav in S'pore (compared to Starbucks)...but near where I am now, can hardly find Coffee Bean, mostly invaded by Starbucks.

 
At 2/17/2007 11:45 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Yes, there are Starbucks everywhere, Tigerfish. There are usually several in every city.

My dad brought me one of these Coffee Bean cupcakes tonight after he and my mom went out for dinner. Sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home