September 11, 2006

Mini Cupcakes for the Office

I was in a baking mood again this past weekend, and I decided to try out a recipe that I found in one of Martha Stewart's magazines. Looked like an easy vanilla cupcake recipe. It was my supervisor's birthday, and I thought what better occasion to bring cupcakes to the office than to celebrate a birthday? I went with a simple decoratation — mint green frosting with piped-on pink flowers.




©2006 Yuzu Eats

The cakes were a teensy bit dry, but they weren't too bad. I have yet to find a perfect vanilla cupcake recipe. These came out pretty, though! I like the fact that the cakes turned out quite uniform, with nice curved tops that sprung back when I pressed on 'em.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

Hi Yuzu-san,

Your stuff is as cute and as tasty as usual, but I guess that's sort of the point. I don't know how anyone can bear to eat it. I just want to big those cupcakes a big hug, and I'm a guy.

Keep up the good work!

- Chubbypanda

 
At 9/23/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger Madeline said...

I really need to learn how to bake - your skills are inspirational!

 
At 9/25/2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Chubbypanda. :) It's nice when a guy can admit his appreciation for cute little foods. Haha!

 
At 9/25/2006 11:09 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Oh, baking is so much fun, Madeline. Well, it can be a bit of a pain as well, mostly when things don't come out as pretty as you'd like. But it's fun playing around with sweet ingredients in the kitchen. ^_^

 
At 8/20/2007 1:12 AM, Blogger Simonne said...

You cupcakes look good without cracked.Mine always got cracked.

Can share recipe ?

Thanks

sukkimi@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home