June 1, 2006

Healthy Fruity Bento

Yuzu is Listening To
Amélie: Original Soundtrack Recording
Yann Tiersen
see related

Happy first day of June! The weather has been so sunny and warm. I'm ready for summer! Summer is great because there are so many yummy fruits in season. Today's bento is made with fresh, ripe, fruity ingredients.


©2006 Yuzu Eats


Linguine in a lemon basil sauce with sliced grape tomatoes,
Italian parsley, lemon zest and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano


Sweet, ripe banana slices shaped like flowers


I didn't use a recipe for the linguine, but it's almost identical to the lemon spaghetti I cooked on Mother's Day a couple weeks ago. The only difference is that I added freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and citrus zest to the lemon juice/olive oil mixture before I tossed the noodles in it. The lemons I squeezed for this meal were picked by yours truly from a little lemon tree in my parents' backyard. They were so yellow and ripe! The juice was just perfect when I mixed it with extra virgin olive oil and the rest of the ingredients to make the sauce. The lemons also made for pretty, vibrant citrus zest to top the pasta.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9/20/2007 10:46 AM, Blogger Mer said...

That looks delicious!

 
At 9/20/2007 11:06 AM, Blogger Yuzu said...

Thanks! It was really tasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home