May 24, 2006

Italian Bento

Yuzu is Watching
Gidget - The Complete Series
Sally Field, Don Porter, Betty Conner, Pete Duel
see related

As you've noticed from previous entries this month, I've been enjoying cooking & eating Italian food more than ever before. I thought I'd combine my love of Italian fare and bento making to create this tasty Italian bento, consisting of caprese salad and fusilli pasta in sundried tomato alfredo sauce with Italian sausage and fresh thyme, plus a grape tomato & basil flower for garnish.


©2006 Yuzu Eats

The alfredo sauce came from a jar. The bottom tier is probably my favorite cold antipasti. There's nothing quite like the combined flavors of balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, vine-ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and crisp basil leaves - it's so delicious.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home