May 18, 2006

Bento Fit For a Kid

Yuzu is Listening To
Demon Days
Gorillaz
see related

I haven't posted any bentos in a very long time. Give me some time to get back into the swing of things. I'm trying to rack my brain for some cute bento ideas. I actually have some ideas, but I've yet to implement them. In the meantime, here's a very simple bento I made for my lunch today using foods I loved as a kid (and still enjoy).


©2006 Yuzu Eats

Two little octopuses atop a bed of Kraft™ Macaroni 'n' Cheese, with flower-shaped carrot slices and parsley (for garnish). I really had to improvise with these octopuses. I have no mini weiners, so I used a regular-size hot dog and cut it in half to make two little weiners. I didn't have an octopus-shaped weiner cutter either, so I used a small sharp knife to cut the octopus shape on each weiner before cooking 'em. The mac 'n' cheese is the new Thick & Creamy variety from Kraft. It tastes so much better than the regular mac. Yummy!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! thank you! i was going to make myself some little octopus hotdogs, but i didn't know if halfs of hotdogs would work ^_^

 
At 11/06/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Yuzu said...

If I had mini hot dogs, that would've been better. But making lunches requires some improvisation sometimes. I'm pleased the hot-dog halves worked well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home